Recipe adapted from Taste of Home
Peach BBQ Ribs
These ribs are one of my family’s favourite dinner. You can use a homemade bbq sauce but as a short cut, you can use a premade one here.
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or black pepper
- 4 pounds pork baby back ribs, cut into serving-size pieces
- 3 medium ripe peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 bottle (18 ounces) barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees or you can use your slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, mix seasonings; rub over meaty side of ribs. Place in a roasting pan or oven proof dish with a lid and put into preheated oven. If using slow cooker, place in 6-qt. slow cooker and cover.
- Cook ribs for 3 hours in oven (300 for 3 hours works EVERY time) or 5-6 hours with slow cooker until tender.
- Before ribs are done, combine peaches, barbecue sauce and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, 15-20 minutes or until peaches are softened, stirring occasionally and until desired consistency. Stir in jalapeno if desired for extra heat. Serve with ribs.